Volunteers are coordinated through the Moreno Valley Friends of the Library — a volunteer, nonprofit organization whose stated goal is "to ensure that the library can continue to serve Moreno Valley as it needs and deserves to be served."
Activities on behalf of the Moreno Valley Library include:
- Maintaining the continuous book sale from the library's Book Nook, and using those proceeds to contribute to the purchase of books, equipment and materials
- Sponsoring cultural and educational programs for people of all ages
- Donating countless hours of volunteer time
- Underwriting the summer reading programs
- Constant networking with other community groups to aid the library.
We hope that you will become an active participant in some of our many support activities and will be able to volunteer some of your time in response to our various invitations. Your participation is most appreciated, not only by the library, but also by the community at large.
Online Book Sales
The Friends now have books available for sale online through the Better World Books website. Shop new and used books at bargain prices with free shipping on every order. Proceeds benefit the library.