Moreno Valley ACES/RACES is an emergency management volunteer program supervised by the Office of Emergency Management.
Using state of the art ham radio technology, Amateur Communications Emergency Services (ACES) and Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Services (RACES) provide vital communications support during emergency incidents and routine events and activities including:
- Providing communications support to our Emergency Operations Center (EOC)
- Serving as shadows to emergency personnel
- Providing communications support for emergency shelters and evacuation sites
- Reporting the extent of damage
- Providing live TV footage to the EOC from the incident site
- Participating in disaster exercises
- Providing communications for non-emergency events such as parades
MV ACES/RACES Meetings
Members meet on a regular basis. If you're interested in participating, contact the Office of Emergency Management.
Every Wednesday at 7 p.m.
Simplex Primary Frequency: 147.510
Simplex Secondary: 146.595
- Full-Scale Disaster Exercise
MV ACES/RACES participates in the City of Moreno Valley’s annual full-scale disaster exercises.
- March Air Fest
The team provides a show-and-tell by displaying our MV ACES/RACES Emergency Communications trailer at this annual event, located at March Air Reserve Base.
- July 4th Celebration
Members of our MV ACES/RACES team provide ham radio communications during the 4th of July parade.
- Ham Radio Field Day
The ACE/RACES members participate in the national amateur radio exercise at the Moreno Valley Community Park.