Moreno Valley ACES/RACES is an emergency management volunteer program supervised by the Office of Emergency Management. Utilizing state of the art ham radio technology, they provide vital communications support during emergency incidents and routine events and activities.
ACES is defined as Amateur Communications Emergency Services and RACES is defined as Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Services. Together, the Moreno Valley ACES/RACES program is able to:
- Provide communications support to our Emergency Operations
- Serve as shadows to emergency personnel
- Provide communications support for emergency shelters and evacuation sites
- Report the extent of damage
- Provide live TV footage to the EOC from the incident site
- Participate in disaster exercises
- Provide communications for non-emergency events such as parades
- See photos of Moreno Valley ACES/RACES members in action
MV ACES/RACES Information
- MV ACES/RACES Meetings: are held on the 2nd Wednesday of every month at 7:00 p.m. The meetings are located at Moreno Valley Emergency Operations Center, 22870 Calle San Juan De Los Lagos.
- ACES/RACES Emergency Plan 2008 (rev09/08 - Acrobat pdf)
- ACES/RACES Brochure ( rev 05/10 Acrobat pdf)
Weekly Net We encourage you to check in during our weekly net, which is held every Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. Weekly net frequency is: 147.510 Simplex Primary Frequency and 146.595 Simplex Secondary.
- Annual Full-Scale Disaster Exercise
MV ACES/RACES participates in the City of Moreno Valley’s annual full-scale disaster exercises. The team provides emergency communications in the field and in the Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
- March Air Fest
The team provides a show-and-tell by displaying our MV ACES/RACES Emergency Communications trailer at this annual event, located at March Air Reserve Base. This is a great way for members to show off their ham radio knowledge and encourage others to join our team. See March Air Fest Pictures
- July 4th Celebration
Members of our MV ACES/RACES team provide ham radio communications during the 4th of July parade. The team provides each of the announcers throughout the parade route with updates to the parade script. In the afternoon, members conduct a show-and-tell by displaying our Emergency Communications trailer and demonstrating our ham radio equipment.
- Ham Radio Field Day
MV ACES/RACES members bring our Emergency Communications trailer and generator to participate in the annual Ham Radio Field Day, which is a 24 hour amateur radio exercise held simultaneously throughout the nation. We hold this event on the last full weekend in June each year at Moreno Valley Community Park. See Ham Radio Field Day Pictures
Also of Interest…
For More Information Contact:
email : OEM@moval.org