The City of Moreno Valley is dedicated to ensuring that all City programs, services, activities, and facilities operated or funded by the City are fully accessible to and usable by people with disabilities.
The City's Public Works Department administers the implementation of ADA Standards and upgrades to meet ADA requirements under State and Federal laws and in accordance with the City's adopted "Americans with Disabilities Act Transition Plan". The City of Moreno Valley updates the ADA Transition Plan periodically, as needed.
Public Works Department
14177 Frederick Street
Moreno Valley, CA 92552
ADA Accomodation and Complaint/Grievance Procedure
A person who requires an accommodation, an auxiliary aid, or service to participate in a City program, service, or activity, or who requests a modification of policies or procedures, should contact the sponsoring department as far in advance as possible, but no later than two business days before the scheduled event. The best effort to fulfill the request will be made.
Request for Accommodation
Individuals who need a modification or accommodation to a program, service, or activity of the City of Moreno Valley may submit a written request using the ADA Accommodation and Complaint/Grievance Form with the City's ADA Coordinator (ADAC). In addition to requesting modifications or accommodations, individuals should use the same form to request the removal of a physical barrier. The form may also be used to submit comments or questions.
- If the request is not urgent, the City will contact the requestor to acknowledge receipt within two business days after the request is received. For urgent requests, please call the ADA Coordinator.
- After reviewing the situation, if the City needs time to provide the service or barrier removal requested, the City will notify the requestor of the proposed City action and time frame.
ADA Complaint/Grievance Procedure
Individuals who would like to make a complaint or a grievance about a program, service, or activity of the City of Moreno Valley may submit a written request using the ADA Accommodation and Complaint/Grievance Form with the City's ADA Coordinator.
Requests or complaints relating specifically to curb ramps can be made directly to the City's ADA Administrator.
ADA Policies and Guidelines
All guidelines are in Adobe Acrobat (pdf) format and require the free Acrobat Reader.
- ADA Accessible Public Event – Checklist
- City's ADA Accommodation and Complaint/Grievance Form
- City's ADA Complaint/Grievance Procedure
- City's ADA Transition Plan (12/20)
- City's Notice Under the ADA
- Pedestrian Pathway - Construction Barricade Guidelines
- U.S. Access Board ADA Guidelines and Standards
- U.S. Access Board Accessible Sidewalks Checklist
City of Moreno Valley Contacts
|Building and Safety||951.413.3350|
|Emergency Management and Volunteer Services||951.413.3800|
|Parks & Community Services||951.413.3280|
|Public Works Maintenance and Operations||951.413.3160|
|Report Curb Ramp Issues||951.413.3120|
|Report Sidewalk Issues||951.413.3120|
|Senior Community Center||951.413.3430|
Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) is a civil rights law mandating equal opportunity for individuals with disabilities. The ADA prohibits discrimination in access to public facilities, among other things. In compliance with the ADA, the City of Moreno Valley is continually updating its ADA Self Evaluation and Transition Plan to ensure that public facilities and infrastructure within the public right of way are accessible to people with disabilities.